Santo Domingo City Tour
Do you love culture and history? Ever wished to discover Santo Domingo, the first city of the Americas?
Let’s make it happen!
Immerse yourself in the old Dominican Republic on a full-day tour to the historical city, Santo Domingo. From its beginning as the oldest colonial city to the modern metropolis, you’ll admire the historic architecture while strolling through the capital of the Dominican Republic.
- An incisive day into the past and present of the first city of the modern Americas
- Discover the history and culture of the Dominican Republic
- Visit the Los Tres Ojos National Park, First Cathedral of the Americas and National Pantheon
- Enjoy a walk along the historic streets, El Conde and Las Damas
- Discover historical artifacts in the Museum of Alcazar de Colon
- Appreciate the Caribbean Sea and modern architecture on a Dominican’s boardwalk
- Enjoy a tasty lunch of local Dominican food
- Friendly, knowledgeable and professional guides accompany you
What to Expect at Santo Domingo?
Following about two and half hours of travel from Punta Cana, stroll the past in the first city of the Americas, Santo Domingo. Our expert and knowledgeful guides will help you explore the history of the oldest city in America.
Strolling down the Colonial Zone, observe magnificent museums and monuments. Admire the freshwater lagoon cavern at Los Tres Ojos National Park. Learn the history of Dominican independence while wandering across the EL Condo Street. Pay homage to the birthplace of the avid Catholic faith, the First Cathedral of the Americas. Wander through the Las Damas Street, the oldest street in the Dominican Republic. Go back to the Spanish conquistadors in a walk across the Alcazar de Colon.
Appreciate the spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea on a Dominican’s boardwalk. You’ll also marvel the modern architecture including the Presidential Palace. And a delicious lunch at a prestigious Dominican restaurant will be served. On a way back from tour, stop in front of the Columbus Lighthouse to learn its history and capture the moments.
Cancel at least 24 hours before the start date of the excursion for a full refund.