Are you confused about how safe the Dominican Republic is 2019? Then this article will help you discover if the Dominican Republic is safe for the tourist or not.
The Dominican Republic is a generally safe country for tourists. Most tourists stay in hotels and resorts located in many tourist regions such as on the east side of the island in Punta Cana, which is one of the safest vacation spots in the Caribbean, and tourists should feel comfortable traveling outside. from the hotel zone. As in many other countries, you must be careful and use common sense.
The most common types of crimes are theft of wallets, car theft, etc. You should not go alone on the beach at night. All documents and money are kept in a safe and it is not recommended to go for a walk alone outside the hotel.
Driving in the Dominican Republic safe tips:
- Beware of pedestrians as they cross the street everywhere, even if they have no right of way.
- Beware of horses and other animals. They move slowly and are found on many of the streets in rural areas. They are also known to cross in front of cars without regard for their surroundings.
- Carry your passport with you at all times when driving.
- Right turns are allowed at a red light after stopping.
- Be careful when crossing the street because in many cases the driver does not comply with the traffic regulations. What is the Dominican Republic famous for?
The Dominican Republic is usually a safe tourist country. Most visitors stay at hotels and resorts on the east side of the island. The worst that tourists suffer here is sunburn. On the other hand, big cities like Santo Domingo and Santiago may have potentially dangerous areas to avoid.
If you have the bad luck of being assaulted we recommend that you do not resist. The attacker believes that you are armed and can attack or fire. Health problems in the Dominican Republic: HIV is high (2% of the adult population) and the risk of mosquito infections such as malaria and dengue (very rare). Pregnant women should check the CDC website before traveling. So, I think all your confusion is a little clearer if you have any questions related to How safe is the Dominican Republic 2019? Ask in the comment box. I will answer as soon as possible.