Are you confused about how safe the Dominican Republic is 2019? Then this article will help you discover if the Dominican Republic is safe for the tourist or not.
The Dominican Republic is a generally safe country for tourists. Most tourists stay in hotels and resorts located in many tourist regions such as on the east side of the island in Punta Cana, which is one of the safest vacation spots in the Caribbean, and tourists should feel comfortable traveling outside. from the hotel zone. As in many other countries, you must be careful and use common sense.
The most common types of crimes are theft of wallets, car theft, etc. You should not go alone on the beach at night. All documents and money are kept in a safe and it is not recommended to go for a walk alone outside the hotel.
Driving in the Dominican Republic safe tips:
- Tenga cuidado con los peatones, ya que se sabe que cruzan la calle en todas partes, incluso si no tienen derecho de paso.
- Cuidado con los carros de caballos. Se mueven lentamente y se encuentran en muchas de las calles. También se sabe que cruzan delante de los automóviles sin tener en cuenta su entorno.
- Lleve su pasaporte con usted en todo momento cuando conduzca.
- Se permiten giros a la derecha en una luz roja después de detenerse.
- Tenga cuidado al cruzar la calle porque en muchos casos el conductor no cumple con las normas de tránsito.¿Por que es famosa la República Dominicana?
The Dominican Republic is usually a safe tourist country. Most visitors stay at hotels and resorts on the east side of the island. The worst that tourists suffer here is sunburn. On the other hand, big cities like Santo Domingo and Santiago may have potentially dangerous areas to avoid.
If you have the bad luck of being assaulted we recommend that you do not resist. The attacker believes that you are armed and can attack or fire. Health problems in the Dominican Republic: HIV is high (2% of the adult population) and the risk of mosquito infections such as malaria and dengue (very rare). Pregnant women should check the CDC website before traveling. So, I think all your confusion is a little clearer if you have any questions related to How safe is the Dominican Republic 2019? Ask in the comment box. I will answer as soon as possible.